Uganda Electricity Transmission Company (UETCL)
Fomento, through its subsidiary Albatros, has a Concession for 20 Years under a signed PPA with UETCL to develop, build, own and operate 50MW Multi Fuel Thermal Power Plant (“the Project”).
- UETCL obligations are supported by an Implementation Agreement (IA- Sovereign Guarantee) approved by Attorney General and signed with the Ugandan Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development (“MEMD), and a License granted by the Electricity Regulator.
- The Project will be located in Hoima Uganda. The site is located 300 meters from Hoima Substation connected to the National Grid in the area where crude oil well are located in Albert Lake (Albertine Region).
- The Power will be evacuated to the main grid thru a newly commissioned 226km 220kV Transmission Line going all the way to Kampala.
- The Project will utilize imported HFO until indigenous HFO is available in the country.
- Final Close is expected for 3Q2020, COD in 2Q2022.